Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Reviews

Out @ Alice in Wonderland

Thanks to everyone who came out Tuesday night! After our trippy adventure to Wonderland, we headed down to Second Cup for coffee and conversation.

Our Reviews:
  • "Good movie, dark at times. Overall -> good!" -Tony
  • "Not optimistic going in but pleased and well entertained. Would recommend to others - definitely to kids!" -Donna
  • "A fun two hours; doesn't get too bogged down in the silly world-play of the source material. Depp is great as Hatter but mercifully doesn't give us the unending ham that Jim Carrey or Robin Williams would've. Some great imagery." -Curtis
  • "I had heard a mix of reviews so had low expectations going in. Pleasantly surprised by a fun adventure film. Though some of the gobbledy-gook language that Wonderland entails could've used subtitling." -Kirk
  • "I found the movie sarcastically funny. Mad hatter actor (Johnny Depp) was true to the character and depicted his role well. It took me awhile to figure out this was a continuation of the old "Alice in Wonderland," as I was confused until I hit the end. I wish they had clarified that just a little more then the directer did. Other then that, interesting movie, great actors." - Ryan
  • "The movie was great. I liked it." -Xian
  • "Dark going in but fast-paced. Well done. I would like to see it in 3D." -Kate
  • "I was pleasantly surprised by the script; very entertaining! Great cinematography!" -Cathy
  • "Great night out at the movies; nice to see everyone. Very well done movie. Took me back to my childhood. Was a great story. Looking forward to another Out @ the Movies!" -Ken

April: And what about our next movie outing? That'll be Tuesday, April 20th. The current slate of candidates include:
  • Date Night
  • A Shine of Rainbows
  • Death at a Funeral
  • Kick-Ass
See you at the cinema!

Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment