Saturday, June 19, 2010

A-Team Reviews

Thanks again to everyone who came out to see The A-Team and enjoyed some Dairy Queen afterwards. The theatre was pretty jam-packed thanks to the $5.99 ticket price. It was a great movie with great treats and good company.

So what did our reviewers think?
  • Tammy P: I didn't want to see it but now I am glad I did and I met some great people.
  • Mary M: I couldn't stop laughing and I'm so jealous of Face [because he got to kiss Jessica Biel]. Dammmmmm.
  • Curtis L: If you got boredom and you where to see it, you should probably to ... The A-Team! The casting was well done, the action was epic and there were plenty of laughs. I found myself cheering and applauding with the rest of the audience. 9/10
  • Mary J: Hilarious movie! Was expecting an action flick and got a comedy/action flick - doubly impressed. ....Mmmmm blizzard - great people too! Mmm people.
  • Sarah O: Movie was terrific! Funny and thoughts - a perfect rest from work. The DQ treat really hit the spot and the company was certainly enjoyable! :)
  • Les C: I laughed! I covered my eyes! I cheered them on! A plethora of emotion; totally cool.
  • Curtis C: There was SOoooooooooooooooooooooooo much action. Down with bad reviews, this one was on the up and up! Hope they make a sequel.
  • Melannie B: Awesome, action-packed with unbelievable stunts and it did well by the original. Plus, oh, if I could blow stuff up like they can. Two thumbs up.
  • Mark M: Everything old is new again! When I first heard that this film was being made, I wondered if this was going to kill the TV/redo genre - but I was wrong! When you put together a smart and sexy cast along with a not-too-complicated story (sticking to the original premise) you have a 'plan' and a recipe for success! On the production side - things blow up! A few nods to today's pop culture from this retro dinosaur and produced by one of the Scott brothers, what else can be said? Ridley - hang up the tights; Tony - get this team back in action.
What's next? Our July outing date is TBA. Keeping to tradition the movie outing would be on July 20th would be smack-dab in the middle of Halifax Pride and I know that's a busy time. I'll make an announcement about our next outing soon.

-Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment