Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Despicable Me Reviews

An animated family movie about a supervillain? Not exactly what you'd expect from Out @ the Movies, right? And yet it got rave reviews from our moviegoers! We also had a great turn-out with almost 20 attendees, including lots of new faces and kids. Afterwards, some great conversation and treats at Dairy Queen. You can check out photos on our facebook album.
  • Fabulously fun movie. Gru was great and enjoyed his character development. I wish I had a minion at my command; I could do way more in life. - Curtis C
  • Great movie. There were more 'adult' jokes than I was expecting. I couldn't stop laughing. - Mary M
  • Hilarious! Great fun and super-cute. - Mallory M
  • Originally the trailer did not entice me to want to see the movie. I'm glad I went with Out @ the Movies because I had a great time. Great movie! - Leigh M
  • I wish all kids were as cute as that little girl! - Kelly M
  • Loved Gru - I want to be adopted by him. "Poop!" hehehe Loved the Minions too! - Mary J
  • I liked the "butt photocopying" scene. - Sioux J
  • I liked everything. - Stacy W
  • New twist to an old theme. - Kim C
  • It was good! - Wolf C
  • Pleasantly surprised. I laughed. I cried. The whole gambit of emotions. I swear that same little girl was in Toy Story 3 though. - Laurie M
  • Lightbulb! You should go see Despicable Me! Highly entertaining without beeing too huggy-kissy-nice-nice! This is one of those movies where you'll be cheering for the Bad Guy. "It's so fluffy I could die!" - Curtis L
  • Despicable You if you don't see this movie. Don't pass up this movie. It's a total "lightbulb!" - Les C
  • Great, great, great movie! Good choice! - Tammy P
  • Great movie! Very funny and cute!! - Andrea F
  • A cute movie that made me laugh a lot. - Robert A
What about August? Our August movie outing will be on Tuesday, July 17th. We have three potentials:
  • Eat, Pray, Love - starring Julia Roberts
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - starring Michael Cera
  • The Expendables - starring ... lots and lots of action heroes.


No comments:

Post a Comment