Thursday, September 30, 2010

Out @ Easy A


It's September 30th so it's long past time to post our reviews of Easy A!
This was also our first attempt to do a late-night movie. The turn-out was not great; which pretty much guarantees that we won't be doing that again any time soon.
On a positive note: everyone who came loved the movie!
Here are some of our reviews:
  • If I have to give 'Easy A' a grade, I can safely say that it definitely lived up to its title (+ extra credit). Ordinarily I don't go for comedies but this one really delivered. The homage to 80's movies was a very nice touch. Easily the best comedy I've seen in a very long time. - Laurie M
  • "Easy A" was easy peasy-ly the hit of september. Exploring the spread of rumors in modern high schools while one girl (and a whole lot of loser guys) tries to turn that to their advantage. It managed not to fall into the cliche of the heroine making a heartfelt speech in front of a hissing crowd only to make them start clapping for her moxy whilst screaming "praise her for showing the truth about ourselves!" for which I am greatful. It's resolution doesn't guarantee a happy ending for all, but seems to be more genuine that way. There were some great moments of witty dialogue thrown into the mix, some of them done with peas! Accept the challenge and go see it for yourself. - Curtis L
  • Easy A = A+, Awesome, Astounding, Amusing, Affable, Affable and Astute. It exceeded my (rather high) expectations and delivered a solid comedy. It made me think about my own experiences in high school and made me question some of the "facts" I took for granted. It's easy to forget how quickly rumours spread at that age. The movie manages to balance comedy with insight - no easy task. A really is for Awesome. - Kirk F
That's it for September! Pictures have been posted on the facebook page. Look for the poll for our October outing Tuesday the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment