Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scream 4 Reviews

First off, can we talk about Hayden Panettiere? Cause she was a major part of our post-Scream 4 discussion at Second Cup. First off, she rocks that new 'do! She really does. Secondly, sexy much? She works it as a confident gal who happens to be a fan of horror movies. Third, she kinda stole the show. At least, most of her scenes. Fourth, good for her! Breaking outta the 'Heroes mold.'
But what did everyone think of the whole movie? Let's take a look:
  • Andrea F: Loved it. Predictable but great. Loved the ending!
  • John B: Hugely enjoyable but surprisingly generic. Most enjoyment came from knowledge of prior movies... Other than that, a little pedestrian. "One rule you don't break - don't !@#$ with the original!"
  • Cathy T: Exactly what I was expecting; enjoyable nonetheless.
  • Andrew P: Scream 4 was enjoyable even without seeing the first three films, attesting ot the success of a good remake.
  • Tom N: Jill's North American English was beautiful!
  • Doug B: OK, OK...I jumped, may have screamed a tiny bit, laughed out loud, clapped and groaned ("Its just one word - CLEAR!"). I was hating it... thought the acting was piss-poor. Then I realized I wasn't getting it. Then I got it. Then I loved(ish) it (and only hid in my hoddie once!!).
  • Richard S: My strongest reaction to Scream 4 was "fun!", followed closely by "that was a whole lot of cheesy one-liners." It definitely wasn't the most suspenseful or tense slasher flick, and it had a sense of humour about itself that I appreciated. All in all an enjoyable sort of movie that made me want to re-watch the franchise. (Also, and sorry for the spoiler, I wanted [removed by editor] to be the killer...)
  • Kirk F: A fine addition to the Scream series. Lots of in-jokes and references to past movies that fans can appreciate. I loved Sydney's transformation from "final girl" to "girl who runs towards danger" a la Laurie Strode in Halloween H20. Lots of good jump-out-of-your-seat moments balanced with tons of humour.
Thanks to everyone who came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment